Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Well, we made it!  My 30th year - at least 365 pictures of "Perfectly Ordinary Days."  I missed a few days, and had a few days w/ multiple pictures, but overall, I did pretty good.  I've really liked this project - it's an easy way for me to document, and I'm all for easy.  :)  I'm going to keep going - I want to try to take better pictures (I'm learning how to use my new camera, and I stink at it so far!  I have to keep reminding myself it's just a post-honeymoon period - now I have to actually buckle down and do a little work in order to make some progress...  So hopefully I can learn to use it properly over the next 365 Ordinary Days!).  And I want to take better/more pictures of my kids - specifically K-lady and J-boy who are busier and harder to catch!

My birthday this year was pretty funny.  I'm working part time at Joseph's office to help a transition w/ a new office manager, and Jan. 24th was my first day.  So Baby A was with a sitter all day, and didn't get a nap.  I got home in time to pick the kids up from school, we came home, did chores, and planned to go out to eat.   Seemed a good enough idea till we sat down w/ a very antsy Baby A and a touchy J-boy.  Baby A immediately began scaling the 5-ft-high-back of the bench upon which we sat.  My quiet remonstrations to 'get down, please' were met w/ a loud, "No, Mom, I climb, O-KAY?  You be quiet, O-KAY?"  Pretty soon we had a good audience in the small Chinese restaurant.  Her lemonade came, which held her still for about 2 minutes, then back to climbing.   I started pinching her leg to get her down, so she started yelling, "NO, MOM!  THAT HURTS!  YOU DON'T PINCH ME!  O-KAY!?!"  grrr.  I hate being bossed around by my 2 year old.  I distracted Baby A w/ my water, which she promptly spilled on the bench, getting K-lady and I wet.  J-boy's napkin (which he'd actually been using!  Wonders never cease!  And he was so proud of his momentary lapse of bad manners....) was employed in the clean up, which offended him beyond repair ("That was MY napkin!  I was USING that!").  As he sobbed in his corner of the booth I tried getting Baby A to play with my i-touch, but pretty soon she was back to climbing, I was back to pinching, she was back to crying and yelling, and Joseph asked for the check.  :)  He took the offending offspring to the car w/ their food in take-out containers, and K-lady and I had a lovely little chat and enjoyed the remainder of our dinner in peace.  :)  What a circus!  Joseph and I laughed and laughed.  Next time we'll get a sitter.  :)  Or Baby A will have a nap.  Or we'll get take-out!  So the picture is all our leftovers in the fridge at home.  I'm so glad we can laugh about these times - sure beats being furious!  :)